BNA Sun Protection Policy
For the prevention of:
- Skin Cancer
- Heat / Sun stroke
- Slip on clothing that covers as much skin as possible when training and when off the court.
- Clubs are encouraged to provide light weight long sleeved t-shirts as an option for uniform.
- Coaches and Umpires should wear long sleeved shirts for warmth in winter and sun protection in summer.
- Use a Broad Spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher (note: non-greasy for ball handling)
- Apply at least 20 minutes before the game & reapply every 2 hours, particularly if sweaty
- Complimentary sunscreen is available at the courts
- Where? Score sheet table / Office
- Soft brimmed hats should be worn by all participants on and off the court.
- Note: hard brimmed caps are not allowed due to risk of eye damage.
- Note: caps/visors may not provide adequate protection for the head/neck.
- Wherever possible seek SHADE especially between 10am and 4pm
- All umpires/coaches should wear protective UV blocking sunglasses
- Note: outdoor courts can reflect high levels of UV light
- All participants should be encouraged to bring a water bottle to their game.
- Note: drink 200ml of water with every 15 minutes of exercise!