- Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Nth Balwyn
- Friday afternoons, 4.00 - 4.45pm
- Terms 2, 3 & 4
- One 8 week program per term - players may register for as many programs as they wish.
- No sessions school hols, long weekends
April 23 - June 18
July 16 - September 3
October 8 - November 26
Players who have a shirt from 2020
Players registering for a 2nd or 3rd program in 2021
To register: click here Note: Term 2 FULL
- Players register INDIVIDUALLY for JuniorNet G1/2 ie) not in teams or clubs. We will group children with their nominated friends.
- Children cannot "skip" to the G3 program until they are actually in school year 3. Therefore, preference will be given to children in school Year 2 if we exceed capacity.
- We would encourage children in Prep to defer joining until Terms 3 or 4 unless they are physically and socially "ready".
- Younger players (Prep/ Yr 1) will be grouped together and the program is adapted to their capabilities.
Please note that this is a very popular program and we are limited by court space and coach availablity. Therefore, it is strongly advised that registration forms are returned promptly. Only those who have returned their registration form and payment will be accepted and registrations will close when full. Others will be placed on a waiting list for inclusion in the program if a place becomes available. It is inappropriate to arrive at the courts with a child expecting to play without being registered as this is distressing for the child (and us).
Information about the Grade 1/2 program:
Our JuniorNet G1/2 program is a junior development program which is based on the Netball Australia NetSetGo! Tier 1 "NET" program. It focuses on fundamental motor skills and has been designed to introduce young children to organised sport.
It comprises a play based motor skills program for children in school years 1/2. The emphasis is on the acquisition of basic motor skills, in a fun environment of games and activities appropriate to the age and abilities of children in Years 1&2. Refinement of netball specific skills and their application to the game will be introduced when they reach the final stage of JuniorNet in Year 3.
The guidelines of the G1/2 program are:
Children join the program as individuals, not in teams.
Players are arranged into groups with 2-3 coaches / group.
Coaches are generally secondary school netballers / Boroondara Power representative team players who are also learning the skills of coaching.
Each session is divided into 3 parts: warm up, motor skills and a mini game.
Modified equipment is used
Children rotate around different stations doing different games and activities.
This program does NOT involve netball matches. There is no organised competition structure.