- Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Nth Balwyn
- Friday afternoons, 4.00 - 4.45pm
- 3 x 8 week programs: terms 2, 3 and 4
|Program 1||Term 2||
April 28 - June 23
No session June 9
|Program 2||Term 3||July 21 - September 8|
|Program 3||Term 4||
October 13 - November 24
Note: 7 weeks only
To register: click here
- Players register INDIVIDUALLY for Junior Net G2 ie) not in teams
- Players only need to register ONCE for either Program 1, 2 or 3
- Players may participate in as many programs as they wish
- We will email every player after their first program to take registrations for further programs/ terms
- Cost: $100 for 1st program and $70 if registering for a 2nd or 3rd program (as ball, shirt not required)
- Cost Term 4 program: $90 (as 7 weeks, not 8)
Please note that this is a very popular program and we are limited by court space and coach availablity. Therefore, it is strongly advised that registration forms are returned promptly. Only those who have returned their registration form and payment will be accepted and registrations will close when full. Others will be placed on a waiting list for inclusion in the program if a place becomes available. It is inappropriate to arrive at the courts with a child expecting to play without being registered as this is distressing for the child (and us).
Information about the Grade 2 program:
Our JuniorNet G2 program is a junior development program which is based on the Netball Australia NetSetGo! Tier 1 program. It focuses on fundamental motor skills and has been designed to introduce young children to organised sport. Research from a number of areas has highlighted the need for young children to develop motor skills both in and out of the school environment. This program has an important role to play in preparing young children for involvement in Netball, ensuring life-long participation.
It comprises a play based motor skills program for children in school year 2. The emphasis is on the acquisition of basic motor skills, in a fun environment of games and activities, to prepare children for Level 2 Netball in Year 3.
Children join the program as individuals, not as teams and the emphasis is on participation, developing skills and having fun. Refinement of netball specific skills and their application to the game will be introduced when they reach the next stage.
JuniorNet G2 provides:
- A program appropriate to the age and ability of the participants
- All children with the opportunity to participate and experience a feeling of success from their participiation
- An opportunity for children to develop and expand their motor skills in a non-competitive environment
- Participants with better basic motor skills when they enter Level 2
- Opportunities for parents to be involved
The guidelines of the G2 program are:
- Players are arranged into groups with 2 coaches / group.
- Each session is divided into 3 parts: warm up, motor skills and a mini game.
- Modified equipment is used
- Children rotate around different stations doing different games and activities.
- This program does NOT involve netball matches. There is no organised competition structure.