1. Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Belmore Rd, Nth Balwyn
2. Friday afternoons, 4.00, 4.40 (and 5.20 if needed) matches
3. Commences Term 2, April 26
4. The season ends with a round robin at the end of Term 3 on September 6.
5. There is also the option of playing in the 7 week Spring Fling in Term 4 on Friday afternoons.
JuniorNet G4 is a program for children in Year 4. It consists of non-competitive weekly matches with no ladders or finals.The prime aim remains skill development, learning the correct rules and having fun.
As such, coaches and umpires are encouraged to EXPLAIN decisions to the children during the game and MODIFIED RULES are used > see below.
Umpires are required to complete their on-line umpire theory and Level 1 course to ensure that they actually know the correct rules to teach the children.
Coaches are required to complete their on-line Foundation Coaching course and the on-line theory test.
Ideally children should have completed at least the JuniorNet G3 (or NetSetGo Tier 2) skill development program, but this is not always possible so is not a formal pre-requisite.
How to Join:
Unlike JuniorNet G1, G2 & G3, the Association does not organise teams and coaches for Grade 4 players.
JuniorNet G4 is a TEAM / CLUB based program so players need to either join a school or community club or form their own individual team - click here to learn how to join a club / team.
Teams must have a team manager, a coach/umpire, and provide their own uniform, ball, bibs. Your club will provide these resources.