JuniorNet G4 is a program for children in Year 4. It consists of non-competitive weekly matches with no ladders or finals.The prime aim remains skill development, learning the correct rules and having fun. Ideally children should have completed at least the JuniorNet G3 (or NetSetGo Tier 2) skill development program, but this is not always possible so is not a formal pre-requisite.
JuniorNet G4 is CLUB based so players must join a CLUB or form an independent team to register and play > click here to learn how to join a club / team.
1. Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Belmore Rd, Nth Balwyn
2. Friday afternoons, 4.00, 4.40 (and 5.20 if needed) matches
3. COVID comp: Commences Term 3, July 17 > ending with a round robin at the end of Term 3 on September 11 (9 weeks)
There is also the option for teams to play in the 8 week Spring Fling in Term 4.
4. MODIFIED RULES are used (see below) but players are introduced to regular height goal posts
5. Teams must have a team manager, a coach/umpire, and provide their own uniform, ball, bibs. Your club will provide these resources.
Coaching & Umpiring
Coaches and umpires are encouraged to be "hands on" and EXPLAIN decisions to the children during the game.
MODIFIED RULES are used > JUNIORNET UMPIRE COACH GUIDELINES
Umpires are required to complete their on-line Umpire theory and Level 1 course to ensure that they are teaching the correct rules to the children (click on the link).