Coach Directors 2023:
- EXPRESS VNL: Wendy Jacobsen
- POWER Representative Teams: Ness Alexandra
- To lead and oversee the Boroondara Netball Association Talent pathway from Power to VNL Express
- To develop Boroondara Netball Association coaches ie) “Coach the Coaches”
- To work with team coaches to plan and implement team training programs on a yearly basis.
- To work with team coaches to ensure that our Club Culture is maintained.
- To ensure that our Club style of play and strategies are consistent across all teams (Power and Express)
- To ensure that players are being taught the correct skills
- Encourage coaches to progress their Netball Victoria coach accreditation: Foundation > Development > Intermediate > Advanced > Elite
- Encourage coaches to complete relevant Netball Victoria on-line high-performance learning modules ie) Expect Respect, Select for Netball Success, Coaching Our Way.
- To facilitate a pathway for Power coaches to Boroondara Express teams
- Provide direction, guidance and support to team coaches
Individual Coach Performance Plan:
- Each coach completes an ICPP Individual-Coach-Performance-Plan
- The ICPP is submitted to the relevant Coach Cirector for assessment.
- This identifies the coach's NEEDS and forms the basis for their individual professional development PLAN
Observation & Feedback:
The Coach Mentor will rotate amongst teams at both training and matches to support, observe and provide feedback to coaches.
- Feedback includes:
- Organisation of session
- Coach and player communication
- Conduct of drill using coaching points
- Examples of positive feedback
- Structure of team and player awareness
- Feedback includes
- coach feedback to players during breaks, pre and post matches
- coach decisions regarding player positioning & changes on court
- skills and drills to use for follow-up training session
- Coaches are encouraged to update their NCAS coaching accreditation as required: Foundation > Development > Intermediate > Advanced > Elite
- Costs are subsidised by BNA
- Coach Directors perform end of season coach REVIEWS
- Coach Directors provide hands-on / phone coach support and advice as required
Funding: sponsored by Bendigo Bank
- Coach Mentor remuneration
- Coach accreditation course subsidies