- Make umpiring a positive experience.
- Encourage confidence and commitment.
- Encourage pride in appearance and performance.
- Encourage progression from New Trainee to Badged umpires as per the Umpires’ Pathway to the Top.
CODE OF CONDUCT: click here
All umpires are expected to adhere to the Netball Victoria Umpire Code of Conduct:
- White tops and white skirt are compulsory
- T’suit pants may be worn under the skirt if cold.
- Official BNA hoodie, tracksuit top & vests are permitted.
- Team skirts / tops are NOT PERMITTED.
- Umpires not in correct uniform will not receive payment.
- WHISTLE , hand held, metal - not on a cord around the neck.
- RULE BOOK for reference.
- DO NOT engage in any discussion with spectators.
- If you have difficulty with spectators, coaches or players, ask for an UMPIRE SUPERVISOR. They are present all day to support and assist you.
- You are committed to attend at the times you have nominated in the Umpires Booking Folder unless advised otherwise by the Umpire Coordinator.
- If you are umpiring for your team/club you must attend as per your team/club's roster or your team/club will be penalised.
Panel Umpires: Payments will only be made to those who:
- Registered & completed all relevant courses
- Completed an Umpire registration form
- Signed a "Declaration of Hobby" form, unless they want tax to be withheld.
- Provide current & accurate bank details.
- Maintained uniform standards
Yr 4 and Senior (Yr10 & Above) Team Umpires: Payments to be arranged with your team/club.