Who are we and where did we come from?
The Boroondara Netball Association is affiliated with Netball Victoria, within the Chisholm Region and Central East Zone and involves approximately 3500 people - our vision “To be the leading sporting association, committed to the provision of attainable pathways to the top in all aspects of netball, enabling individuals to achieve their personal best within a caring community environment”.
The Boroondara Express VNL Club is administered by a sub-committee of the Boroondara Netball Association (BNA) under a separate operational plan and budget funded by the Boroondara Netball Association.
Boroondara Express was formed at the end of 2008 following the review by Netball Victoria into the State League program. Boroondara Express was granted one of 10 licences across the state to compete in the new Victorian Netball League.
- Boroondara Netball Association: the major financial supporter of Boroondara Express
- Anytime Fitness: free training facilities for Boroondara Express
- OnTrack sportswear: free uniform for players, coaches & team personnel
- Bendigo Community Bank: financial support of HRV monitoring program
- Lifecare Sports Medicine: medical and allied health team personnel
- Perana Sports: state of the art Performance Analysis software
- Boroondara Sports Complex, Belmore Rd, North Balwyn > 5 court stadum, heated outdoor pools
- Anytime Fitness Clubs, Kew & Balwyn: full access & gym membership
- Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Belmore Rd, North Balwyn > 8 synpave outdoor courts, club rooms
|Coach Director||Wendy Jacobsen|
2020 click here
Performance Analysis team
Chau Le (Perana) , Lyndell Bruce (Deakin), Jeff Fleming, Simon Moule
Sport Science students: ie) RMIT, Deakin, La Trobe
Injury Prevention / Wellness Program (P.I.M.P)
Sue Reddish, Kirrily Zimmerman, Jan Daniher, Sarndra Kennerley, Elyce Carlyle, Lacey Oakley
|Team Managers 2019||Wes Armstrong, Matt Blanchard, Penny Forrest|
|Primary Carers 2019||Keely White, Sophie McLeish, Phoebe Skinns|
|Bench Officials 2019||Kirrily Zimmerman, Luke Bailey, Grant Kennerley, Penny Forrest|
|Fitness Testing||Nov / Dec > prn|
|Holiday running and gym program||December - January|
|Pre-season program||Mondays & Wednesdays|
|In- season group S&C / court work||Mondays|
|Home / gym based S&C programs||Individualised|
|Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology programs||Individualised, as required|
Costs to players 2020
|Club Fee||$ TBA (Vixens & Magpies players exempt)|
|Netball Vic State Membership||$ TBA - self registration|
|Uniform||Free – provided by OnTrack Sportswear|
|Gym Membership 12 months||Free – provided by Anytime Fitness, Kew only|
There are no other fees payable by VNL players - all other costs are covered by Boroondara Netball Association and our sponsors.
What do we expect from all players, coaches and team personnel?
- To submit a signed VNL player form and a club contract
- To pay fees by due date
- To attend training and match sessions as are directed by the Head Coach
- To complete home training as directed by the Fitness Coaches
- To participate in such fundraising and promotional activities as are directed by the Association in their capacity as managers of Boroondara Power. These activities include junior development activities organised by the Association;
- To comply with sponsorship requirements as directed by Boroondara Power’s managing body, the Boroondara Netball Association.
- To work together according to our club culture (above) for the betterment of the club and players.
- To adhere to communication pathways and dispute resolution procedures as directed by the Boroondara Netball Association.
What have we achieved?
- 2009: Championship & 19U Grand Finalists
- 2010: Div One Premiers
- 2011: Div One Premiers & Championship Grand Finalists
- 2012: Div One and 19U Grand Finalists
- 2013: Div One Premiers & 19U finalists
- 2014: Championship & Div One finalists
- 2015: Championship Premiers & Division One finalists
- 2016: Championship finalists & Division One Grand Finalists
- 2017: No finals appearances
- 2018: 19U PREMIERS
- Ongoing significant representation at all levels of the Netball Victoria player, coach and team personnel pathways – State teams, VIS, ANL, Vixens / Collingwood Magpies AIS, National.
- A tangible and accessible PATHWAY for netballers in the local community from Junior Development Programs to Representative Teams to VNL and beyond.
Honesty, Passion, Commitment, Unity
Welcoming & inclusive club environment
- Honesty and transparency.
- Respect and positive working relationships between all participants in the program including players, coaches, administrators, committees, sponsors, selectors and umpires.
- Club rather than individual focus / squad rather than team focus.
- Club loyalty - excellent player retention rate
- Social activities to encourage club and team cohesiveness.
- Strong financial base, working to minimise costs to all participants
- Awards for off court club involvement (volunteering, coaching, administration)
- Succession planning to ensure the ongoing success of the club
- Willingness to trial new, innovative ideas for the betterment of the club.
- Opportunities for players to progress through teams to reach Championship Division and beyond.
- Ongoing PATHWAY to higher performance levels for players, coaches and team personnel
- Talent Identification Program for talented players in the local community via Boroondara Power teams.
- Pathway for coaches from the local community to develop and access VNL coaching positions.
- Open selection policy
- Supportive relationship with local Council and State / Federal Government
- Long term, loyal sponsors
- Community engagement via coaching clinics, home games
Elite Development Program
- Holistic program that provides for the individual needs of athletes
- Qualified sport science personnel delivering netball specific & individualized strength and conditioning program
- Experienced elite level coaches
- Access to specialised health professionals
- Formalised review and feedback systems in place for both individual and team performance