1) Rules of Netball Theory Examination: click here
This exam is only available to do on-line, meaning that you can do it in your own time, obtain instant results and download your certificate when successful. Cost: $10.48 (Netball Australia)
You will need the Rule Book for information and answers. Click The Rule Book
Enrol on your MyNetball
2) Foundation Umpire Education Course: click here
The course is also only available on-line, meaning you can once again do it in your own time and pace. Once completed you can log back into the system to access any materials at any stage. Cost: to be paid on-line directly to Netball Australia when you register (below).
The course has 5 modules:
- A good Umpire
- Getting started
- Umpiring techniques
- The Rules in Action
- Where to now?
How to Log into On-Line Courses:
1) Register on MyNetball with your team / club or with BNA (if non-playing umpire).
2) Click on MyNetball > log in via the right hand panel on the Home page.
3) Click onLEARNING tab > ONLINE LEARNING
4) Browse available courses (they are in alphabetical order) and select the relevant course as follows:
Good Luck! Don't forget to download and show us your certificate
3) New Umpire Trainee
You can then submit the online Umpire Availability sheet and you can start umpiring as a NEW TRAINEE with one-on-one supervision until ready to umpire independently.
4) C Badge Testing
When you feel confident to umpire senior games, let us know and we can assess you with a view to starting your practical training for your badge. You will umpire senior games with one of our Umpire Badge Trainers who will advise us when you are ready to be tested. This time will vary considerably between individuals.
C badge testing is done during regular Saturday matches at BNC. You must have a current Umpire Exam and Level 1 course certificate and the necessary practical experience.